Consumer Law, Warranties Bad business relationship.What Can I sue for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

designer2010

:confused:I've been dealing with a so called "modeling agency" for about a year now. **I never signed a contract, because I wasn't going to be giving HER money, but I was one of her fashion designers she used for most of her fashion shows. She was looking for new&upcoming designers to showcase in her fashion shows, to give the new designers exposure, & to give her& her models exposure. I did my research on her, & everything came out legit..I now realized I didn't do enough research.

Within this year, I have been making and designing clothes to put in her show, for her models to wear, so I could get exposure in the fashion industry, and I would be one of the designers that would fill up her fashion shows. I've put SO MUCH time and money into my designs, and I also had to make my designs fit her models. Basically, I had to custom make my designs to fit her models, for her fashion shows. Come to find out, she is not a legit business. She is not registered to do business in SC (where I've been doing the fashion shows with her), nor in PA (where her co. is suppose to be originated from). I called the SC and PA dept of commerce,& they are both saying her company is not registered, nor is it incorporated. I also looked her up with BBB, and the company or complaints are not there, either.
I've also found out that she's been lying to her models and to me about "important" people she claims she knows, and also have been lying about other things, business related.She is SO unprofessional,& has burnt bridges w/ lots of people in the past. She lied about how she has connections to get me major exposure in bigger fashion shows in big cities, and wasted my time. Basically, I'm mad because lots of my time has been wasted, & I put money into my designs so they can be in her show. When this whole time, it seems to me that I didn't get exposure like I thought I was.

One of my friends that use to work w/ her told me all of this, & he's suing her (he has the right to). One day I was at work, I emailed him 1 email from my work email about how I did research on her w/ the dept of commerce, & nothing was found. He sent that info & other info to his lawyer & he filed it, & his lawyer served the court papers to her. Remind you, my name was on the email. Once this was done, she called me cursing and screaming because she was wondering why my name (&the other dude) is on the court papers. I explained to her she needs to go to the source, to get more info. I didn't say much,because my friend made me promise not to spill any info to her before the court date. Well, a few days later, she called my job (I'm a customer service rep.a desk job) and told my manager that she wants to get me fired, because she thinks I have a conspiracy out against her & I sent lies about her via email. She also told my manager not to tell me who she is because I will come after her & try to kill her. She was going on & on to my manager about this & that about me and my friend & how we use to be in the business w/ her, calling us names and making up lies on us, about how I'm a liar, and I don't know what I'm talking about, & I'm going to kill her, blah blah blah. (fyi, I am NOT going to kill anybody!)

My managers told me this, and explained to me that because she wasn't an actual customer, then I am not going to get into trouble, however I should not use work email for personal issues anymore. Which to me, is understandable. I only used it that one time. They let me go with just a warning, but told me that I shouldn't say or do anything to her, no retaliation verbally or physically because if she finds out I still work here, she may try to go to my job's president's office to get me fired. And if she does that, then my managers will have no more control over it, and I'll definitely get fired. I love my job & don't want that to happen.

Out of everything I said, 1)what are the things I can possibly sue her for, w/o us having a contract? Because alot of time has been invested into her shows, AND I've spent money on trying to make those designs for her shows, and to custom fit her models. HOWEVER, there is no contract. What about the part about her calling my job? She jeopardized my PERSONAL life! This has nothing to do w/ my personal life. It's all business. She also made up lies about me wanting to kill her, & tried to get me fired from my job. This is distressing, and I'm so mad and mentally tired. She has caused me a lot stress. 2) Could I get the phone recording from my job & take her to court for something? 3) If I do get the phone recording, will I be putting my job in jeopardy again, or should I just leave it alone?
So sorry this is so long! Thanks for your answers!

Please, be respectful, only serious posts, please. Thank you for a response.

You have no basis on which to bring a lawsuit. That doesn't mean you can't sue her.

Anyone can sue anyone they want to sue. If you do that, you couldn't win.

You had no contract. The time to have discovered and verified her claims is before you began working with her.

Your best bet is to do what your day job told you, ignore her. Let this be a hard lesson learned.

Never do business with strangers, unless you check them out. And, never do business without the benefit and protection of a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back