Criminal Records, Expungement Background checks for jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkingfrog

My son had a charge of possessing drug paraphernalia (misdemeanor) and his record says adjudication withheld. Does this show up as a misdemeanor if an employer does a background check? Can this be exsponged?

My son had a charge of possessing drug paraphernalia (misdemeanor) and his record says adjudication withheld. Does this show up as a misdemeanor if an employer does a background check? Can this be exsponged?

It might show up, it might not, if an employer checks.

Police can discover his conviction, should he ever come in contact with them again.

If he's ever prosecuted for a crime, it sure will be seen, and maybe even used against him at trial or sentencing.

Expunction is possible in some cases.

If he's interested, he should speak with a local attorney about costs and what can be done, if anything.

Thank you for replying. Employer said it wouldn't show up unless he was charged, so I didn't know if that was true or not.

All background checks are not created equal. What shows up on any given background check depends on how deep and how thorough a check is run.

If adjudication was withheld then he certainly was charged with a crime... it just won't show as a conviction unless he gets in trouble again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back