babysitting for two sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatwuann

I have been babysitting for two sisters for the past three years. Sister no. 1 I lived with for close to two years give or take a couple of months and owns a business. Sister no. 2 works in a flower shop and has a young child who is now three. Tending for sister no. 1 ended kind of on a bad note and I thought I could not be around her and her kids because it would be too painful and for a time I avoided her and her family. I had a few minutes conversation with sister no. 2 about her schedule but nothing indepth and no conditions were talked about. She doesn't give me a wage nor did she hire me. Sister no. 2 has had to make arrangements from time to time when my days up at sister no. 1 were in conflict and it has been with a mother-inlaw,sister-in-law, neighbor, and sometimes our mother who is my neices grandmother. That didn't happen very much comparitively to the times sister no. 2 didn't have to make other arrangements. There was a few minutes conversation with sister no. 2 before when I was thinking about tending for her and conversations with my mom about tending for sister no. 2 but no conditions were set. I never promised sister no. 2 that I would be available to tend for her whenever she worked. Does the few minutes conversation I had with sister no. 2 constitute a verbal or oral agreement? I am asking this because my parents are trying to get me to just babysit for sister no. 2 and only for sister no. 1 if sister no. doesn't need me. I am 46 years old am mildly mentally disabled and my dad is my legal guardian. I like tending for sister no. 1 more than sister no. 2 whose children I have had little contact with over the years. Hope some legal professional can sort this out for me. :)

It doesn't sound like you have a verbal contract.

However, since your father has asked you to babysit for both sisters, I think you should discuss it with him. Let him know that you are not comfortable with the children of one of your sisters. He may have some good ideas about how to improve the situation.

Also, if you see a counselor or a therapist, this is a good subject to bring up during one of your sessions.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back