auto repair fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicopico25

well this is my problem, I got a loan to fix my car but the loan wasn't onto my car because this car is in my mother's inlaw names , so i put it in my other car, total amount $1476.19 to rebuilt my transmission on my minivan town and country lx 3.3L, and i am paing $200 a month for this loan, this guy who suppost fix my car didn't doit he took the transmission out of the car and disassembled it except for the train gear,he was charging me initialy $500 so gave me $660 back from the $1476.19 back,a nd he kept $816.19 , he spend almost 2 month with my car and never finished, so i took my car back from this guy, who was working in his garage which is illegal here in virginia beach, and he does not have a license to work as a mechanic or a college degree, so i asked him formy money back and he told me that he is willing to gave me back only $200 because of the time he put into this project, i really dont know what to do, i need to fix my car and i dont have any money, everything was a verbal agreement, and i have the check slip because the check was issued to him straight from the loan office, i have proof that in fact he got the money and proof the he is working illegaly from his house garage, and my car all apart so please i need some advise and what to do thanks. email to andres.bacaramirez@navy.mil and at andresjennybaca@msn.com thanks

Your remedy is to go to small claims court if he doesn't pay up. You may want to send him a letter (certified return receipt mail) demanding a return of the money and that you may report him for operating without a license if you don't get your money back within X days. If that doesn't jog him then file your claim. The bottom line is that you paid him to fix the car but he didn't fix the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back