Auto Loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

springtime

I'm called to court for unpaid auto loan and need help to make my case against the bank. The car was repossessed, the bank sold the car and now I have to pay the difference, court fees, etc. I'm with low income($18.00 per hour), but not low enough to qualify for free legal assistance. The debt is for $8, 587, with interest at 10.39% from Jan 10, 2008, plus $53 costs and $2,146 attorney's fees. I even don't have driver's license, but we needed a car and the dealer pushed the sale and sold us a used car for around $26,000, which was with $8,000-$9,000 more the value. The car was repossessed two-three days after I told the bank that I will have the money to pay for two payments, wich was just two weeks before the big Veterans Day sale. What is the best I can do in this situation and what paperwork is required from me?

I don't understand - what's your defense? You owed money, you defaulted and they repossessed the car after you told the bank you didn't have the money to pay them. The best it seems is to pay off the debt to make it current as well as any additional fees incurred. Otherwise, what incentive is there for the bank not to obtain a judgment against you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back