Auto Insurance Illinois - How can I fight a surcharge?

Y.R.

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Hello,

My auto insurance company has added a surcharge to my policy for an accident I was involved in the prior year. In addition, I was not insured by my current carrier at the time of the accident. I brought this to company's attention, but they stated that it did not matter that I was insured by a different company at the time of the accident. The surcharge is going to stand since it is on my driving record with the state of Illinois.

Is there a way for me to fight this surcharge and have removed from my policy?

Thank You,
Y.R.

There is not. It is common knowledge that drivers with accidents on their records pay higher rates than those who do not.

Sorry but no. Accidents (& also tickets) can raise your rates whether you were insured with the co. at the time or not. (Accident in your case)

Hello,

My auto insurance company has added a surcharge to my policy for an accident I was involved in the prior year. In addition, I was not insured by my current carrier at the time of the accident. I brought this to company's attention, but they stated that it did not matter that I was insured by a different company at the time of the accident. The surcharge is going to stand since it is on my driving record with the state of Illinois.

Is there a way for me to fight this surcharge and have removed from my policy?

Thank You,
Y.R.

Unlike the current healthcare scheme/scam having its way with the USA, auto insurance operates under the principal of shared risks, pooled resources, and the better risk, the lower the rate.

You should READ your policy or ask your insurance company for a detailed explanation of the surcharge.

Back