Auto Dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtcarey40

I purchase a used car last November, come to find out the finance officer forged my signature to purchase an extended warranty. I looked at the paperwork that I have and don't even have the extended warranty papers. I went to the dealer and they had a copy of it, the signature was not even close to mine. What should I do.

I would notify them in writing that they had 10 days (and not a second longer) to pay down your loan for the amount of the warranty, let you keep the warranty, and pay you $2500 for your trouble. If they refuse, let them know you will file a warrant application against the finance manager for forgery and a lawsuit against them. I'm sure this isn't the first time this has happened. If you file a lawsuit you are likely to stir up a hornets nest for them.

Thanks for the advice, I did talk to a local attorney here and he told me that he could compose a letter stated that I am intitled to the entire cost of the warranty. So I went a head and composed a letter stating similar to what you suggested. I will post any updates when I get any. Again thank you.

The dealership is settling, ended up settling with a full refund of the warranty and $1500 for my troubles. Thanks again.

Way to go, that dealership is sweating like a pig without mud. I guarantee they have 1000 more deals out there just like you.

You might ask the detective for the DA's phone number. I doubt they will want to talk to you, but I sure would be leaving them voice mail every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back