Auto BOdy scratched my car

Status
Not open for further replies.

help101

My husband and I took our vehicle into an auto body shop to have some work done. When the truck was ready, we noticed (before the keys were even handed to us), that there were numerous scratches (down to the metal) on the truck that were not there before. We immediately made a fuss about the damage, and they called us liars and told us to leave. I have tried to resolve this several times, but they will not even give us their insurance information. We have a copy of the scratch and dent worksheet that shows no marks on the vehicle (because there were none), and now we need help on what to do next. We have already filed a complaint with the better business bureau, and are waiting to hear back from them. Please HELP!!!

My husband and I took our vehicle into an auto body shop to have some work done. When the truck was ready, we noticed (before the keys were even handed to us), that there were numerous scratches (down to the metal) on the truck that were not there before. We immediately made a fuss about the damage, and they called us liars and told us to leave. I have tried to resolve this several times, but they will not even give us their insurance information. We have a copy of the scratch and dent worksheet that shows no marks on the vehicle (because there were none), and now we need help on what to do next. We have already filed a complaint with the better business bureau, and are waiting to hear back from them. Please HELP!!!

Unfortunately the BBB will probably not do anything for you. They are primarily an agency assisting consumers with determining how reputable businesses. You can search their database for consumer complaints. Sometimes they will assist but a one time incident like yours sounds like one that filing a complaint is something you should do and filing a small claims court case might be something you must do in order to get your money back.

You can read more about what they do here: http://www.bbb.org/about/index.asp

Good luck with your case and let us know how things turn out.

Yes, file a small claims suit as soon as possible and keep copies of all documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back