Auto Body Rip-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilJoe2

A few months ago I had paid an auto body mechanic a down payment towards the repairs to my car. The total was $4200 and I paid him $2100. I did get a reciept of payment from his auto body shop but it was not signed by him, just signed and dated by me. It does however have the name and address of the body shop. Well, just recently, I found out that my car got towed from his shop while in his posession and it cost me $550 dollars to get the car out. And he never called me and notified me that the car got towed. When I got the car towed back to his shop, the new owner of the shop told me that he had sold the shop and that he no longer practices business there. After all this had happened, I called him and told him that I didn't want him to do the work anymore since he didn't touch my car in 2 months (no work was performed) and that I didn't like his business practices. I told him I wanted the money back plus the towing and storage fees and he verbally agreed. He said it would take him 3 weeks to get the money, but I don't think that he intends on paying me. So what can I do?? Do I have a case if I take him to small claims court? If I won, would it be hard to get the money from him?? Please help.:(

Last edited:
Take him to small claims.

Yes, judgments are difficult to collect, so if he wants to settle, take the dough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back