auto accident no insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexiec

I was involved in a auto accident and have no insurance. Other person's car insurance sent me a letter asking for $8000.00. I don't have the money. What can happen? This happened in San Antonio, Texas. Bexar county.

If you don't pay, they will probably send the matter to collections or you will end up being sued. Contact the insurance company and let them know that you don't have the money but you are willing to negotiate installment payments with them. Be proactive. Hope this helps!

If I end up being sued what can happen? Can they suspend my license? and if so, how do I get it back?

If I end up being sued what can happen?
You will have a judgement against you to pay and that will be showing on your credit report which can affect your ability to find employment and to get credit. As far as the license - were you ticketed for the accident?

not yet. There is also a criminal case with this. I did not stop to give the person my insurance information. I ran from the cops.

Yikes!!! Hmmmm.... It looks like you will need an attorney. If you cannot afford one, make sure you shop around for a pro-bono attorney so you can stand a chance in court. What you did will definitely not help your case. Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back