Auto Accident Misc recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestposter

I live in Michigan where we were involved in an auto accident. No one was injured and we were both insured. The other driver, by his own admission and documented in the police report, was 100% at fault (we were stopped at a red light and he plowed into the back of our car). Obviously our insurance is handling repairs to our car and I think they are working on recovering my $500 deductable from the other insurance company but my question involves compensation for misc things such as the $13 I had to pay for the accident report, loss of use of the car for what I am told will be about a month, loss of use of OnStar and XM/Sirus radio which I have subscriptions for, milage on my damaged car and another car going to and from the repair shop 15+ miles away, time lost in having to do the million things I now have to do because of his neglagence, etc. Can I recoup these things and if so from whom and how?

Who do you think you'd recoup them from? You can ask your insurance company about what they'd cover. However, all of these items you're out would need to be recouped from the person who caused you the damage or their insurance company. Make a request of the other party to cover the expenses. If they don't want to pay them, your remedy is most likely small claims court. Might not be worth the effort if it's under $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back