Assault & Battery Assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

jma333

So I work at a panel shop, I am contracted to this company so i am not IN house. Over the passed few days this man i work next to has been constantly verbally harassing me for the passed few days, i have worked in another company with this man 10 years ago and he hated me then, (this man has temper issues) he continued to use
vulgar language against me, and then he hit me in the head one day, i stepped away and was in shock, the next 2 days he continued to verbally harass me with foul language and so i had enough, i went to the boss and told
him what happened, and he simply told me to go to human resources and file a complaint and he basically couldn't do anything to this guy because they love the work he does at the job and he is basically untouchable, so i quit. The problem is I don't think i can collect unemployment because I quit, but i quit because i was physically assaulted and verbally harassed, is there any legal action i can take against this man? I felt threatened when working near him and so i quit.

Is going to this company's Human resources enough?

Can i take legal action with the police?

Is there a way i can still collect unemployment due to the situation of which i quit?

If he struck you, you could have reported assault/battery to the police.
The HR department certainly COULD do something, but does not necessarily have to. Since it took you two days to report that he struck you I am not surprised that they weren't very interested.
You need to address these problems when they occur.

Due to the time that has passed it is unlikely the police will be of much help at this point. They might still take your report, but don't count on any DA filing charges. There is no injury and no evidence.

Since you quit, you are pretty much SOL for unemployment.

can you lose you gun right over a simple assault misdemener not domestic in tennssee

Last edited:
Unlikely, though I don't know particulars of your state law. However, a restraining order could potentially order you to surrender weapons in your possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back