Assault & Battery Assault with intent to commit a violent felony, aggravated battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichealC

A friend of mine was walking another friend home around 4 in the morning.
On his way back towards his home a man walked out of his own home and asked my friend if he wanted to buy some marijuanna from him.
My friend stupidly walked up to him willing to purchase the marijuanna.
The man went back in his home to get the drugs and walked back out with a handgun pointed at my friend.
My friend was legally carrying two firearms. One in his hip holster and one in his shoulder holster.

He was startled and started walking away from the man pointing his gun.
The man opened fire and hit my friend in the knee. As he was crawling away the man kept firing and hit him again in the back.
My friend then returned fire to suppress the man from killing him.

My friend is being charged with, assault with intent to commit a violent felony, and aggravated battery.

His footprint was on the mans property and the firearm that was in his shoulder holster fell out in his yard as he fell to the ground.
The strange drug dealer claims he was a victim of a home invasion.

My friend also shot the man twice at his waist line in self defense.

Any legal advice for my friend?

A friend of mine was walking another friend home around 4 in the morning.
On his way back towards his home a man walked out of his own home and asked my friend if he wanted to buy some marijuanna from him.
My friend stupidly walked up to him willing to purchase the marijuanna.
The man went back in his home to get the drugs and walked back out with a handgun pointed at my friend.
My friend was legally carrying two firearms. One in his hip holster and one in his shoulder holster.

He was startled and started walking away from the man pointing his gun.
The man opened fire and hit my friend in the knee. As he was crawling away the man kept firing and hit him again in the back.
My friend then returned fire to suppress the man from killing him.

My friend is being charged with, assault with intent to commit a violent felony, and aggravated battery.

His footprint was on the mans property and the firearm that was in his shoulder holster fell out in his yard as he fell to the ground.
The strange drug dealer claims he was a victim of a home invasion.

My friend also shot the man twice at his waist line in self defense.

Any legal advice for my friend?

Yes, first tell "your pal" not to send his "pals" to seek information about this "event" on internet forums, bars, chat rooms, or anywhere.

The best thing ANYONE can do that finds himself or herself in legal HOT WATER is SHUT UP as tight as Fort Knox.

Everyone has a RIGHT to remain silent, and its best to use it!

Your "pal" should bond out (if he hasn't already done so) of custody and HIRE a lawyer.

If he can't afford a lawyer, he should appear in court as directed and plead NOT GUILTY, make no statements about this "event", ask the court to appoint him a public defender, and wait.

While he waits, he should speak ONLY to his lawyer about this, stay trouble free, leave DOPE alone, and carry, possess, or use any firearm.

SILENCE IS GOLDEN.....

Why does this sound like a gang confrontation gone bad and not an innocent victim situation?

I saw this older episode of Cops where this one guy walking home, late at night with two of his pals, packing HEAVY IRON, approached a guy to buy some "weed" along their route; with the felonious intent to perpetrate an armed robbery on the unsuspecting purveyor of fine "weed".

You learn mucho legal good stuff by watching episodes of Cops, Jail, and The First 48.

Ain't this a coincidence?

A picker guy I know was robbed at gunpoint on a gold buy gone bad last week. The robber was dumb enough to use his own car and not cover the plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back