Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Arrested on warrant and then released.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

shturner1975

Here goes.

Friday August 13 2010 approx. 6:30 p.m. Moscow TN Fayette Co

I was pulled over for helping out a person who ran out of gas. The guy was riding in the back of my truck. I understand now that is illegal. During the traffic stop, my license was ran. It seemed that there was a warrant for my arrest concerning child support. Now, I have custody of my child and my ex owes me a substantial amount of child support. I don't owe it, never have. After being arrested and transported to that county's jail, I hyperventilated in the back of the patrol car. There was no air conditioning, and I was held in a plexiglass enclosure with no ventilation for about an hour in the heat of the afternoon. I was then transported to the local hospital.

I was there for about 30 minutes when the arresting officer came in and removed the cuffs. He said he couldn't "babysit" me and my county would not send a car for me until Monday. He also said that my county could not produce a warrant number, nor could give any information about an attachment for child support. They just gave the instructions to hold me for the entire weekend. Thankfully this officer didn't want to do that.

Now, here's the juicy part. Our local Sheriff (McNairy County) just got voted out of office last week. He was being investigated for mis-use of county funds.

About two weeks before the election, a local news station was in my hometown covering the investigation of our sheriff. I was interviewed on camera, and I was the only one seen on the local TV news report. I stated a few of my points regarding the case, and then proceeded to announce that I was not voting for him.

He lost the re-election!!!

The sheriff was the one that said hold me for the weekend and would not meet the patrolman at the county line to pick me up. Insisted on my being held all weekend.

What do you guys think about this? I will definitely be consulting my attorney on this matter first thing Monday morning. Should I leave it alone until then? Should I contact the sheriff's office about the warrant this weekend?

Last edited:
Say nothing more, until you speak with your attorney. Yeah, it's gonna be hard. But, you're about to hit the lottery. You don't want to do anything stupid to lose it. In fact, I'd remove that part about the "F" word and that woman mentioned above.

You've lawyered up. You'll be compensating that lawyer well for what you're about to receive. Don't run your mouth (or your fingers)!!!!

Patience often leads to great rewards.

Thanks, I do have an appointment with my attorney next week. I just had to vent and get some advice at the same time. Not to mention, my 9 year old son had to witness this as well. Not a good thing for him to have to ride with a patrolman to the station and wait for someone to pick him up.

Wait a sec... you were taken into custody BEFORE they ever verified there was a valid warrant, and in fact there NEVER WAS a valid warrant?

If this is true, you were the victim of a bad arrest. That arresting deputy had a duty to verify the validity of that warrant BEFORE taking you into custody... which means he should have already had that warrant number, charges, etc etc...

Talk with your lawyer and see how to hash all this out. It sounds like someone goofed, and you may be the beneficiary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back