Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Arrested At Macys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Arrested At Store Name

I don't think anything is simple anymore. My peaceful life had it's bubble burst. Still a big believer in right and wrong and even more a believer that sometimes innocent mistakes happen and it shouldn't ruin your life. I wouldn't wish what happened to me on my worst enemy (if I had any, fortunately I don't). My only issue with the store is you have a terminally ill person whos only run in with the law was when I got a ticket going 40 in a 30mph zone. And that was 40 years ago. I guess there is no such thing as a mistake in the retail world. Sad...

You must look at both sides of this. Shoplifters use excuses all the time and the retailers hear this daily. 99/100 times its false or doesnt even apply to issue. the grow cold to it. Its sad but if you want to lay blame lay it on the others who make up wild excuses for wrong choices. To add to this retailers lose over 15 billion (with a "B") to shoplifting alone each year! That isnt even the biggest bulk of lose either.

I am with you on the problems and the cost that is passed on to all of us from this problem. Certainly not insensitive to that issue. I don't want to have to pay more because someone decided to not pay. I even said to the store staff that I was sure that they heard the same song and dance day in and day out but sometimes that song is true and maybe that one in a million story is true and in my case it was. They did what they felt that they had to do. I had medical documentatioin on me that authenticated my problem. They laughed at me. These people were not sensitive to the issues at all. I cooperated with them, I offered to pay for the item and they just ridiculed me. Thats the part I have a problem with. When we stop caring about people as individuals and maybe even individuals with problems then our society has really gone awry. Seeing an elderly terminally ill individual asking for help and they just laugh, not in my nature and I hope it never will be. That being said I certainly don't condone anyone taking anything from a store without paying for it, sometimes you just have to be a little compassionate and see the whole picture.

I am not saying they could not have been more understanding. Keep in mind the store probably ha spolicies and those policies probably forbid allowing a suspected shoplifter to pay for item(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back