Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Arrest Warrant Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief_Funk

If I have an Arrest Warrant out on me and the police come to my house to get me, are they allowed to search my house for me if I don't answer and someone else does? Like if I was hiding and the person who answered the door said I wasn't there can they completely search the house for me or only do a walk through?

Q: If I have an Arrest Warrant out on me and the police come to my house to get me, are they allowed to search my house for me if I don't answer and someone else does?

A: Yes.

Thanks for the help but I am still confused alittle. How can they search for me, like can they look all over in closets and stuff or just do a walk around? I thought they could only completely search my house if they have a search warrant and if its an arrest warrant only do a walk around, is this true? Also how long do arrest warrants usually last? Like when do they expire if they even do?

Q: How can they search for me, like can they look all over in closets and stuff?

A: Yes.

Q: I thought they could only completely search my house if they have a search warrant and if its an arrest warrant only do a walk around, is this true?

A: You thought wrong.

Q: Also how long do arrest warrants usually last?

A: Forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back