Are these contracts enforcable

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlorrax

We have a lease and offer to buy commercial property with a residence attached. Owner failed to disclose alot. Now after months in the lease We find out 1. the commercail property has no septic, the bathroom is attached to the residential septic and all the waste water from sinks is discharged out on the ground. Then we find worste things. The residences waste water is being discharged into a near by creek. What can we do about this. It was never disclosed and we know these are violations. Can we be held to the lease or the offer to buy ?

Last edited:
Since these are issues that can be state specific, my suggestion is for you to consult with an attorney regarding the enforceability of the offer to buy. Now, regarding the lease, you can denounce your landlord to the authorities to see if s/he is violating any laws in your state and if yes, you can demand repairs as per your state's landlord/tenant laws. Hope this helps!

Lease has me responsible for repairs but these problems existed for I signed the lease and to put the property in compliance requires a septic tank be put in and then there are still violations of the pollution laws. He failed to disclose information that directly and adversly effect the bussinesss and the property. can I be charged for these violations if I continue to keep the business open now that I know they exist.

Consult with an attorney for you to proceed regarding the violations and how it will impact you and your business. Again, it all boils down to failure to disclose and an attorney in your area will be able to see what your lease contract stipulates and what are the remedies available in your state for the violations. Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back