Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Are there degrees of rape? (new york)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyboy81

Hello. I am researching information for a rape victim and I was curious if there are degrees of rape besides the obvious. I mean, if someone holds you at gunpoint etc, that is obviously rape. But what about something more subtle that involves psychological manipulation.
For instance, as an overly simplified example consider the following: guy is trying to have sex with a date, and she repeatedly says no. However, he lies and tells her he has some rare disease, and he will die if she does not sleep with him. He somehow convinces her, and she begrudgingly capitulates, only to find out later that he was lying. Obviously this example is a little extreme, but is this classified as some form of rape? It may sound ridiculous, but the victim in question was actually underage and very naive... we would like to have as many charges brought against the perpetrator (a much older man) as possible and want to know if this classifies as a charge in itself (in addition to the obvious statutory rape charge).
Any information you can provide would be extremely appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back