Appealing a Case & Inmate Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopeful68

My fiance was found guilty on criminal felony charges in Georgia (but he lives in Illinois). He is facing a life sentence, but we are going to file an appeal. He is innocent and was at the wrong place at the wrong time. This was an unfair and unjust verdict. I wanted to know how often a person may appeal a case and does an appeal constute a guilty, not guilty or mistrial verdict and/or can you also appeal for a sentence reduction?

However, before he was arrested, we were trying to concieve. I unfortunately miscarried. I wanted to know his rights in regards to donating sperm to me for in-vitro fertilization.

I understand many people's judgements and ignorance towards this issue. However, I am a college-educated, financially, mentally and physically able individual to carry and care for a child. I am getting older and do not want to miss my chances to concieve all together. Please understand that I love my fiance and that my other option would be using an anonymous sperm donor. However, I want to have my fiance's child.

How do I find out his rights (as well as mine) in this situation? Where can I go for assistance? What steps do I need to take in regards to looking into sperm donation?

As I have said, he is currently incarcerated in Georgia while I am residing in Illinois.

Thank you for any assistance that you may be able to provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back