AOL-Time Warner Adds Injury to Insult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legal Information

At a time when the smoke has still not cleared from the rubble that once was the World Trade Center and with thousands of people donating their time and assistance to help New York City residents, AOL-Time Warner has seen fit to wallop the victims with a 12.5% hike in their Roadrunner Internet service.

In what can only be described as an astonishingly myopic, insensitive action taken by the multi-billion dollar conglomerate, the Vice President of AOL-Time Warner's Roadrunner Internet services announced in a letter to subscribers that it would raise prices for their service to New York City residents by $5 per month (from $40 to $45), effective less than 30 days from the receipt of the letter. New York City residents who obtain basic cable and Internet service from Time Warner and Roadrunner can now expect find their bills approaching $100 per month for these services. It should be interesting to see whether AOL-Time Warner challenges Microsoft as the most feared player in the technology arena. The FTC approved the merger of America Online and Time Warner less than one year ago in December, 2000.

Wait until you see the insurance rate hikes that are going to be imposed across the board on cities judged to be a risk from terrorists.

I agree but that is directly correlated to the problem of the terrorists! Did you see milk, eggs, water, or light bulbs go up 12.5%? Unfortunately, it looks like AOL/Time Warner raised my rates (I just got the letter) because they can and I don't really have viable alternatives. Their hike has more to do with how to deal with their overpriced stock and their inability to sock it to the other Internet companies they invested to take out huge advertising buys.... thus they sock it to the people.... wonder why people were so offended by the frequency of Microsoft's upgrades and their new "you must upgrade or pay full price" policy of XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back