Any statistics on judicial discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCGirl

I'm really not concerned especially with the state of Missouri but of course that would be helpful but from any state/court

Anybody have any statistics regarding the number of complaints made against judges and the number (miniscule though it no doubt is) regarding complaints that get results whether it's a smack on the hands, censure, a public tut-tut (lol), all the way up to kicked out (and don't come back either)?

Beggars shouldn't be choosers but I'm also interested of the complaints which got results if there is any data on who made them, not the person but was it another legal professional, an inmate, or whatever?

But mainly I'm just looking for a statistical report of the results of complaints about judges. Thanks ahead of time! :yes:

All good things come to he who waits and she who waits too! :yes:

Thanks for the links!

Interesting in that they give some insight to the reason for the complaint and the results. I've got to check and see here in Missouri if they give the same type info but I know the whole thing is very secretive, after all we must be discreet. Plus, and somewhat cynically, as long as discussions are behind closed doors for all we know they could be playing strip poker so they would be investigating I guess, just not what they're supposed to be investigating.
:dgrin

I see the majority never made it past the initial phase but then I imagine they get a lot of weird complaints too that aren't really complaining about the ethics and or the appearance of bias they just aren't happy with the decision and they won't look at that.

Lol, I especially like the "intemperate courtroom conduct" how quaint! Rather like the understated sardonic British wit I'm fond of. Thanks again.

Last edited:
I'm really not concerned especially with the state of Missouri but of course that would be helpful but from any state/court

Anybody have any statistics regarding the number of complaints made against judges and the number (miniscule though it no doubt is) regarding complaints that get results whether it's a smack on the hands, censure, a public tut-tut (lol), all the way up to kicked out (and don't come back either)?

Beggars shouldn't be choosers but I'm also interested of the complaints which got results if there is any data on who made them, not the person but was it another legal professional, an inmate, or whatever?

But mainly I'm just looking for a statistical report of the results of complaints about judges. Thanks ahead of time! :yes:

I would imagine that msot that are found guilty and not given a break think the hudge did them wrong.:D

I would imagine that msot that are found guilty and not given a break think the hudge did them wrong.:D

So it is your contention that all who complain do so because they are guilty as charged. Or that they have no right to redress?

You're a dangerous person. You automatically give credibility to a judge and/or court which is fallible because human beings are fallible and subject to the same failings of character and/or intellect as anyone else.

Do you suppose that is the general line of thinking or reasoning that caused German people to "not see" what was happening in the Ghettos and in the extermination camps.

Its a sad fact that much of the time we are selfishly interested in our own affairs with little regard for what others are experiencing. In fact, I think sometimes the unaffected enjoy a rather complacent smugness. In a way, if there is someone who is worse off than we are it makes our own situation seem more tolerable.

When we give up our ability to question and reason we endanger the freedom of everyone.

The judicial oversight committees are the result of a very extensive "investigation" by congress that was probably, as everything else congress does, very expensive and time consuming. It's too bad that the length of time and money spent on a project doesn't necessarily translate to a good work product or outcome. Basically a lot of time and energy was put into the investigation but the outcome (which was to leave the foxes in charge of the hen house) did not render the desired (by the public) safeguards to be put in place. It made a lot of fluff and nonsense which was impressive in volume if not in context or effect. In other words, a waste of time. Many members of congress are attorneys and as such are part of the network of good ole boys. Not sour grapes, TRUTH. It is an impressive effort the results of which are pointed out daily as evidence our justice system and fairness is intact. But its smoke and mirrors basically.

Judges, as your link points out, are human. The same can be said for the oversight committees and anyone who is unaware of the tendency of a group of people to protect their own and thereby themselves is deceived.

There is ample evidence of serious and extensive and ongoing misconduct by certain members of the judiciary which nothing ever comes of it. It depends, imo, in large part on who it is that is affected by the judges omissions and transgressions. If we are not touched by an injustice we tend to ignore it. There are always exceptions in any event but overall I believe that to be true.

I have spent many (too many) hours researching complaints that are levied against members of the judiciary and there are many who protest but in large part it is ignored even though serious harm is done. That is why no attorney who values his law license or his practice and thus his livelihood is willing to discuss the issue of judicial misconduct much less engage in an effort to right any wrongs done. The few brave (or ignorant depending on your outlook) who have done so paid a very high price.

Anyone who doubts me has only to spend a couple of hours exploring the internet, keeper of a vast archive of knowledge of all things good, bad and any shade in between. What did we do without it? Now we have no excuse for not knowing the answers to serious questions presented to us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back