Any possible grounds for lawsuit?

pamjb

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
My service business has no contract with our client but has been servicing the client for almost two decades. This client is the foundation of the business. Without this client, there's no business. My employee refused to sign a non-compete when hiring him as he said I should just trust him (he's a family member). Several years later and out of the blue the client has decided to go with another service company (without giving any advanced notice…effective immediately the services of my company are not needed). The evidence points to a 99% chance the family member-employee started a new service company and the client accepted his services.

My service business has no contract with our client but has been servicing the client for almost two decades. This client is the foundation of the business. Without this client, there's no business. My employee refused to sign a non-compete when hiring him as he said I should just trust him (he's a family member). Several years later and out of the blue the client has decided to go with another service company (without giving any advanced notice…effective immediately the services of my company are not needed). The evidence points to a 99% chance the family member-employee started a new service company and the client accepted his services.

This is a US focused law discussion site.
We're just not smart enough to know much more than basic stuff about US laws, and we're as dumb as rocks when it comes to the law of other sovereign nations.

Back