Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft any more advice please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhopcroft

ok, i will try my best to make this short....
ok, my husband was working at a convient store and he took $50.00 worth of lottery tickets & that was it, well the manager viewed the tape, called the cops & the cop watched the tape and handcuffed my husband then let him go with only a citation because it was a misdemenor, the charge was theft from building & it said He stole an undisclosed amount of lottery tickets, well he had a court date & he went, well when the judge called him up to get a public defender, the prosucter stepped in & said.."Your Honor, this is a felony charge, the manager of the store said it was $900 cash gone" well what i don't get is why wasn't that told to the officer that day & if they didn't realize it that day, why not call the cops again after it was realized, but my husband did not take any money whatsoever!
This happened on a Sunday, well the manager viewed the tape on Monday Morning & still allowed my husband to come in Monday evening & work 3rd shift alone!!!! & on the tape it shows a 3rd shift guy locking the store door up, & going to the safe & to his backpack & climbing out of the window!
My husband refuses a public defender & he is hiring his on, because he has a felony from 7 years ago!
if he is found guilty which is isn't, will he get jail time? if so what about only weekends? can you get probation only for a felony? but the thing is HE DIDN"T TAKE MONEY! just the 50 bucks of tickets & he didn't even cash them in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back