Any Help would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBeyondGreen

First time to the Forum and I find myself in a bit of a pickle. I bought a car from a dealership locally that was sold to me as new. It had a few thousand miles on it, but very few.

The car is a 2006 Toyota Prius and I bought it in 2006. I recently went to sell or trade it in and found out that before it was sold to me it was wrecked and had its airbags deploy. I realize I should have checked things out beforehand and feel foolish enough. Is there any onus on the dealership here to disclose this information to me before I buy?

As I said, anything would be great. Thanks.

Q: Is there any onus on the dealership here to disclose this information to me before I buy?

A: The dealer should've told you in writing that the airbags had been deployed AND that they had been replaced AND that it had been in a wreck.

Speak to the dealer about this and post back with what you find out.

Little Green vs. Big Dealership

I have been on and off speaking to them the last couple of days and that leads me to my hopeless feeling.

I live a little over an hour from them and we did a lot of talking over the phone. They said in order to really talk I would have to come in. I did. They said they would make everything right by feigning false sympathy for my plight and assuring me things would be ok. They said they would give top value for my vehicle in a trade-in.

So…Here's what transpired with that line. I had already checked with 3 dealers on what my car was worth. I had numbers of what it is worth as-is and speculative on what it would be worth unwrecked.

The dealer that sold it to me offered lower than all of the other dealers (part 1 of taking care of me). I mentioned it needed to be more, so they met the lowest of the offers. Not coming close to what the other dealer offered me. Next, they would not order or could get a comparable car for me to drive away in that day or anyway in the near future (part 2). Basically I was told I could get a far less vehicle for full sticker and much less for my trade-in if I stayed with them. I mentioned it didn't feel like I was being taken care of and things should be different. I was laughed out of the place and here I am.

What I would like is one of the following:

1. The dealership to buy my vehicle back for what it is worth today – assume no wreck
2. Trade in my car for a new car with my trade-in value equal to the max that the other dealers would offer or at least an average.
3. Best option to me is this: I deal totally with another dealer and they give me what they can for my car and the dealership gives me the difference on what it should be worth.

I would like 1 or 2, but may be dreaming. I just want things to be fair and me not in a wrecked, airbag deployed vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back