answer to summons for court

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreita

I received summons that was filed on me in September, 2007 and I never received information on this filing? The person new of my current address and sent the filing to the property of which work was in contractfor a roof repair. My wife was approached on the street in front of her house with this summons that was dated September , 2007 with attachments of Notice Of Case Assignment for all purposes. The letter goes on to state that no appearance is required at the time of the Order to show cause hearing and that the case management conference is set 3/6/08. My wife was handed this form on Friday February 29, 2007 for me to appear? It also has a mechanic lien that was files that I never received and now the case management for also mentions a foreclosue of mechanics lien. The lien is for 7400. Are they stating that they are forclosing on the property? How do I get the form to respond? I went on to the court Website and there are no forms that relates to a written response and there is an answer form but only for parental answer?

I can't really tell what you got; but I do know that you must show up for all the court dates.

Go to the courthouse and pay for a complete copy of the file in the lawsuit.

Then post back with what you find.

I received summons that was filed on me in September, 2007 and I never received information on this filing? The person new of my current address and sent the filing to the property of which work was in contractfor a roof repair. My wife was approached on the street in front of her house with this summons that was dated September , 2007 with attachments of Notice Of Case Assignment for all purposes. The letter goes on to state that no appearance is required at the time of the Order to show cause hearing and that the case management conference is set 3/6/08. My wife was handed this form on Friday February 29, 2007 for me to appear? It also has a mechanic lien that was files that I never received and now the case management for also mentions a foreclosue of mechanics lien. The lien is for 7400. Are they stating that they are forclosing on the property? How do I get the form to respond? I went on to the court Website and there are no forms that relates to a written response and there is an answer form but only for parental answer?

You can draw up your own form. Most state forms are very weak, simple fill in the blank. You have to rebut each accusation in an affidavit, provide your response, and include a brief.(I'm talking in general, you HAVE to look into the court rules.)

You don't want to ask for a "response form", but an "answer". They have it at the clerk of courts office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back