another owner financing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

krodgers

I am buying a mobile home and land thru an owner financing. I had put $8000 down and am financing for 5yrs at which at the end I would refinance thru a bank or mortgage company. I have agreed to pay taxes and insurance. Well, it hasnt been a year yet and the seller asks every month if I have thought about refinancing it yet. The reason I had to buy it this way is because we had to go bankrupt and it had only been a year and no one would finance for us. I also have found out that she has to pay around $200 extra a month for the payment on this place and I cannot get her to give me a bill for the taxes on this place. She said she got something from the mortgage company saying they paid the taxes and forceplaced insurance which I have paid for homeowners insurance. She keeps telling me she will call them and get back to me. The taxes were due in January and it is now April and I still dont have any information. Well today she called and said I had to get it refinanced because she could not afford to pay the extra payments and she was thinking about going bankrupt. She also said she is going thru a divorce and her husband may claim on the property. She owned this property before her marriage. Does anyone know if he could take the property? Plus do I have any legal recource if she does go bankrupt? She also stated that the insurance we got on this place may be insurance fraud. How could that be? I am so confused and dont know where to go to get help.

Most importantly -- do you have a written agreement? This sounds like a mess. If she owns the property and declares bankruptcy then you may have problems for the obvious reasons....

Originally posted by krodgers
I am buying a mobile home and land thru an owner financing. I had put $8000 down and am financing for 5yrs at which at the end I would refinance thru a bank or mortgage company. I have agreed to pay taxes and insurance. Well, it hasnt been a year yet and the seller asks every month if I have thought about refinancing it yet. The reason I had to buy it this way is because we had to go bankrupt and it had only been a year and no one would finance for us. I also have found out that she has to pay around $200 extra a month for the payment on this place and I cannot get her to give me a bill for the taxes on this place. She said she got something from the mortgage company saying they paid the taxes and forceplaced insurance which I have paid for homeowners insurance. She keeps telling me she will call them and get back to me. The taxes were due in January and it is now April and I still dont have any information. Well today she called and said I had to get it refinanced because she could not afford to pay the extra payments and she was thinking about going bankrupt. She also said she is going thru a divorce and her husband may claim on the property. She owned this property before her marriage. Does anyone know if he could take the property? Plus do I have any legal recource if she does go bankrupt? She also stated that the insurance we got on this place may be insurance fraud. How could that be? I am so confused and dont know where to go to get help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back