Animal services at home quarantine

Justcurious54

Jurisdiction
Texas
We had a toy set up for our cat to play with and bat around that was tied to a chair and suspended to keep her entertained. With months of entertaining, this particular night she got her leg wrapped up in the toy and was caught. In my attempt to help her get her leg unstuck, she grabbed my hand and bit down on my finger. I decided to seek medical attention to get a tetanus shot and antibiotics but the law in Texas states that any individual who seeks medical treatment for an animal bite and they drew blood has to have animal services called on them for potential rabies exposure. My cat is strictly indoors and up to date on all shots.

Which here comes my question, the form i filled out with animal control for the 10 day in home quarantine is incomplete. The officer filled everything out and we both signed and dated it, they gave me my carbon copy and we went our separate ways. But they did not write in a case number, bite number, or animal code which is supposed to be at the top. They also failed to show up on the scheduled check in date and the day after. So because of the form not having the case number and bite number is this form void? And if it is, what rights do I have if they show up at my door for the quarantine check?

Notes: One of the clauses in the agreement was that the animal has to be available for check up on the days scheduled and time and if its not, they can forcibly enter my home and take the animal even if I'm not there. It also states that specific dates and times have to be approved in advance which they were. Mornings of September 3rd and September 8th. Animal services did not show up on the 3rd or the 4th.

I can post a redacted picture if needed also.

Never assume that anything is void just because it is incomplete. It's not. The missing information could have been included when the officer got back to his office and filed it. If the officer comes to your door you certainly have the right to say no, just understand that there is likely to be unpleasant consequences.

If you want to do this right, take your copy to the animal control office and ask about it.

Or, you can sit home and scour the internet for the opinions of strangers on what might happen when the doorbell rings.

The only thing I'm worried about is the validity of the paperwork and the missing information they failed to add. Even if they do add the case number to their copy, mine is still blank and will show they altered it after the fact. If the paper work is void then i can tell them to bring a warrant without worrying about them trying to enter my house and sieze property they have no rights to.

Back