Consumer Fraud American PaceSetter 480-248-1579

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Wechsler

Administrator
Staff member
If you are subscribed to your state's "Do Not Call" registry, you may wish to add this number to your list. They are a persistent repeat callers who are telemarketers.

Caller ID: 480-248-1579
Caller: American PaceSetter

My husband has unusual way of getting telelamrkers off phone an dus being on their do not call list. He stats engaging in taboo topics asking them if they ever had sex with a donkey etc etc. They get so flustered they hang up

After further research, they do not answer calls although they promise to call back if you leave your full name and number. They state that they verify information for free trade publications, which I'm guessing might be whatever free e-mags or magazines I get at the office and want to see that the information obtained is accurate. This appears to be "legit" although it's certainly annoying if they call every day and don't leave a message (just a hang up tone), potentially burning up your minutes with whatever service you may have and no ability to know who is hanging up on you, absent caller ID.

American Pacesetter

This week, they are calling in behalf of AT&T, about my AT&T account. (I do not use AT&T) I told them I was on the no call list, but they said they were exempt, because phone companies are exempt. Yes, phone companies paid our legislatures big bucks to put in that exemption, but the exemption applies to the phone companies, not third party callers hired by the phone companies. The same rule applies when they call about a trade magazine subscription. Because you have a subscription, the magazine can contact you, but this does not shelter a 3rd party from the Do Not Call Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back