Am i liable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klymns

On December 11, 2014 I paid $100 to an online a new resume.

We exchanged a series of emails on 12/11 discussing the process.

On 12/16 they emailed me to say she would have the resume to me by 12/23.

I sent a check email on 12/23, 12/26 and 12/27.
The email sent on 12/27 stated "I am reaching again to inquire about the resume. Please follow-up with me regarding the status of the resume. Unfortunately, I will have no option but to look into my options on Monday if I do not hear back with an update."

On 12/29 I contacted DCU to report a potential scam. After looking at the e-commerce component on the website with the DCU representative, it appeared as though the site was not secure.

We decided to pursue the charge back and I changed my account. DCU closed the investigation on 12/29 and returned my funds to me at the end of the day. On 1/06 I received an email with a resume.

I responded by saying I was disappointed in the service and also stated the resume contained information that was not relevant to me. No response again.

Today 1/13 I received an email from THEM stating that she received a charge back and expects me to fix this by tomorrow.

THEY also claim that I was asked me what to fix and I never responded. I responded to that email after searching my email inbox and spam folder, and I have not received any emails from the site. I also reiterated she did not deliver by the agreed upon date and that I clearly stated that I would look into other options if she did not respond to me by 12/29 and she never reached out. I also listed why her services appeared to be a scam:

- wrong information
- no real presence online (no reviews)
- not secure e-commerce site
- bad website

(yes i know, I should have checked it all out first)

I also gave my phone number and offered to discuss over the phone to resolve the issue. My bank is not able to help me as this is a legal issue.

Am I liable?

Thank you

Please do not IDENTIFY people or firms.

A pronoun works just as well.

We do not engage in name and shame.

You can, however, do that on www.ripoffreport.com

Thank you for protect the privacy of others, as we are al innocent until proven guilty before a court of law.

Simply put, we don't want to get sued, either!

Finally, we don't need to know the identity of your alleged wrongdoer to discuss your options in the matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only a court can declare you liable of any civil wrong, tort, or injury.

You are ONLY required to act upon properly served legal documents.

People threaten to sue other people every day.

Unless you are served a summons to appear before a court, your best course of action in any situation is not to discuss anything.
You aren't required to talk to anyone, and neither is the other party required to talk to you.

I suggest you ignore this unless and until you are served to appear before a court of law in MA.

Other than that, make sure you always do DUE DILIGENCE before spending your hard earned money for any service, especially one offered over the internet!

Thank you Army Judge for the information. I am at fault for not researching more. I was panicked as we just learned we lost grant funding.

Thank you Army Judge for the information. I am at fault for not researching more. I was panicked as we just learned we lost grant funding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back