Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Am I liable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazersandCats

I had an incident over the weekend where I was leaving my house with my wife and three year old daughter in the car. After leaving the house and turning on the street to exit our neighborhood I came to an abrupt stop. A vehicle stopped in the middle of the road and let someone out. This person continued having a conversation lasting into several minutes. There was about ten people of the opposite race standing outside where the person was let out. All which were of the opposite race and appeared to be gang members having tattoos all over they're body and faces. I asked them politely to please move so we can continue down the roadway to get to where we needed to go. The person with the tattoos all over their face simply said "No" and refused to move out of the street. As several people started approaching my vehicle from both the left and right side where my daughter and wife were sitting in the car, I quickly jumped in the car and took off forward and went around the subjects.

After getting out of the pathway of danger, I called 911 and explained to them what happen, however I made a statement in which I meant no harm, but it seemed as if it could provoke harm. I told the officer on the line if they came towards me again, I would run them over. In no way am I worried if it was just me in the car, but my daughter and wife were also present in the vehicle. I didn't mean that I would intentionally cause harm to someone. I said this statement meaning that if they tried to come near my family or jump in my car.

I gave the police directions to the house, where all of the subjects had already disappeared from. There was a woman at the house who talked to the police however, when the subjects were already gone. The officer followed up with me and in rude manner stated that it seemed he say, she say, and it seemed we were both victims as if I committed assault by saying that I would run over them on a recorded phone call. In no way would I cause harm intentionally or purposely run over someone unless they tried to get in the vehicle where my family was. But being that everything happen so fast and my wife instructed me to call the police, I did so and this is what happen. The officers have not been back by my house to ask any questions about the incident but I'm worried that they might have taken my call as a "threat", by which I didn't mean to do in any manner or fashion.

Am I subject to being charged with a criminal charge? I'm 53 years old and have been working for the state for twenty something years. I'm worried my job might be at jeopardy for trying to protect my family. I've did research and they said the DA could file charges, which is what concerns me. I had no intentions of committing a crime. I just felt threatened and acted suddenly as a result.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks very much!

That thing about remaining SILENT works.

The one about less is more, good one, too.

If charged, admit to nothing, give no statements, simply ask for a lawyer. Then SHUT UP

Olead not guilty, request a lawyer or hire one, wait. Speak only to the lawyer.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

You don't have anything to worry about.
I'm wondering why you didn't just drive around in the first place rather than waiting several minutes.

I think you will be ok but if you are charged, follow army judge's advice.

Thanks for the advice guys.

And to mightymoose,

When the situation occurred it all happen so fast. I asked in a politely manner. And then suddenly was approached from both sides of the car with my wife and daughter in the car. Several started approaching my driver side, where the one with tattoos all over his face and neck started approaching my wife's side. That's when I decided to quickly hit the gas and tried to course a pathway between the small gap between them. When the situation occurred there really wasn't away around them. There was a large suv in the center of the road, people on the right side, and people on the left side. When I threw the car in drive they moved around a little bit and I maneuvered the car between them, being that it was a fairly small car with good handling. It's been three days so far and I'v still heard nothing nor seen any cops driving by the house. However, I'm still paranoid to death to the point to where I can't sleep. I will use my head a little wiser next time and in a well more reserved way for sure. I will keep you guys updated, but as far as if I was charged I would most defantly not plead guilty in any way or manner, and will not communicate with the police in any manner or fashion anymore.

When we circled the block after the incident, the cop was there speaking with the woman that hosts the guests, but all of them we're no where to be found and had scattered off already. What frustrates me the most, is we've been living in this neighborhood for ten plus years and is a working class neighborhood. Now it appears these renters are inviting druggie's and possibly gang members into our neighborhood. And even more so, yesterday the woman that lives in the house, her children we're riding their bicycles and scooters not on the city's sidewalk, but in the driveway where my cars are parked. Of course, being just children I remained calm and let them ride around and be children. It's just frustrating that I pay taxes to drive on the streets and they tell me what street I can and can't drive on. Where our property is owned and "private" and I let they're children ride their "cycles" on the driveway of our first property along with the driveway of our second property.

1. Obamanation
1. The horrible state of affairs that results after a Barack Obama win as president; OR 2. the fanatical obsession that has swept the United States in support of Barack Obama.

Sad to say, but I believe it's true.

It's no wonder they put to an end to the Border Patrol mess down here.

In south Texas, we had a 30% drop in educational turnout at schools because people are afraid to go to school or to the doctors office due to cops illegally stopping vehicles, while also firing shots from helicopters in the air.

That was a joke. The problems in this country started when it fell under the control of special interests decades ago.

1. Obamanation
1. The horrible state of affairs that results after a Barack Obama win as president; OR 2. the fanatical obsession that has swept the United States in support of Barack Obama.

Sad to say, but I believe it's true.

It's no wonder they put to an end to the Border Patrol mess down here.

In south Texas, we had a 30% drop in educational turnout at schools because people are afraid to go to school or to the doctors office due to cops illegally stopping vehicles, while also firing shots from helicopters in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back