Am I liable ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meloni

In The Following Order:

1-I hired A Contractor To Build House Threw My S-corporation For Resale With Proceeds Going Threw Corporation.
2-I sold Home Threw S-corp
3-I sold S-corporation As a Stock Sale.
4-Buyer Of Home Complaint Of Problems three months after stock sale.
5-Original Contractor And Me Agreed To Fix Problems Out Of Goodwill To New Corporation's Owner.
6-Customer Refused And Files Suit Against Me Personally And The Corporation.

Questions:
1-does Home Owner Have Right To Refuse Original Contractors Offer To Fix Problems And Hold Me Liable To Pay Another Contractor's Estimates And Pain And Suffering Etc?
2-should New Corporate Owner Be Liable For Any Judgement In This Case As Business Was Bought As Stock Sale?
3-I was Not Notified Of Complaint Til After Corporation Sold Would That Be Considered Negligent And Willful Act By Me? (Note : When I Sold S-corp I Agreed To Not Hold Corporation Liable For Any Negligent And Willful Acts By Me.)

Also I was never legally notified by Plaintifs original lawyer who had to drop out of case due to conflict of interest and still she has no other lawyer.
I have been responding to the proceedings. Does this make me liable?

Thank You

You need the advice of a real estate attorney and the sooner you get that, the better. Good Luck!

Any other opinions on where I stand?
Does not selling a business as a stock sell release me from past and future liabilities?
Thank You

Any other opinions on where I stand? Unfortunately, no since I have not reviewed all the paperwork involved on the transactions.

Does not selling a business as a stock sell release me from past and future liabilities?That is what your attorney, after reviewing all the paperwork, will determine. Some ideas to bring up during your discussion with your attorney: 1) Gather all the information you have and provide as much detail on what your thoughts and worries are. 2) State what is it that you want to accomplish with the sale of the business and the impact of liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back