Consumer Law, Warranties Am I liable if the landowner sues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Builtit

I was hired by a company from Minnesotta to do the rough framing and put a roof on a new house being constructed near me in Kansas. From the start the landowner was upset with the company over things but assured me he was happy with my work and what I was doing.
I got done with my part and the landowner signed a form for me saying "As of this date the following phase of construction is completed. The exterior is completed and the house is ready for sheeetrock: labor and materials are satisfactory."
Now the landowners are now complaining about some cosmetic things which the company asked me to fix I said I would but the owner told me to leave. How liable am I

An anonymous Internet stranger can't advise you about your personal or business liability. I suggest you discuss this with your customer and perhaps your attorney.

The customer refuses to talk to me and I don't have a lawyer if I could afford the $400 an hour the lawyer wants I wouldn't be here

The customer refuses to talk to me and I don't have a lawyer if I could afford the $400 an hour the lawyer wants I wouldn't be here
You might be able to place a contractor's/workman's lien on the property. Or, you could sue someone, likely the prime contractor, if you're his "sub". Your recourse is against the party who engaged your services. Assuming you have any recourse.

The next time, get a signed contract or work order before you do any work or travel anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back