1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Am I liable for a foreclosure since we've been seperated over 2 years?

Discussion in 'Foreclosure, Repossession, Auctions, Short Sales' started by kwaugh8, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwaugh8

kwaugh8 Law Topic Starter New Member

I received a summons to court for a foreclosure. The issue is my "husband" has lived there and I thought was making payments. We've been seperated for over 2 years (with a divorce in the works of being filed) and my initials are on the mortgage documents but not the promisary note, only his name shows here. On the doumentations of foreclosure his name shows every where of being the responsible party for the pay back amount. My name is only addressed in that I may claim an interest in the subject property as the current spouse of the defendant-titleholder, then is gives the spouses name. I am only a secondary on the documents and not a co-signer. Am I liable for this foreclosure?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009