Am I entilted

Status
Not open for further replies.

suchafool

I loaned my ex-boyfriend $5000.00 not to mention some other monies on other occassions. Unfortuantely I never received anything in writing. I never worried about getting the money back because I thought not only would we be together forever, but he always said he would give it to me when I was ready to get a new car. Well I got my car and still never got any money and now I know why, he was cheating on me for several months before we broke up. Now I sent him a letter back in May of 2004 stating if he didn't start paying me back I would contact an attorney, in the letter I put all the monies he owes me and what they were for at the time of the loan to him. I gave him a monthly payment that I wanted to recieve, he called me and told me he couldn't afford that and We agreed on an amount of $500 per month. I received four checks and now I am not getting anymore, I would like to know if I can have his wages garnished? Or can I take him to court even though I didn't get this in writing? I know how stupid I was for not getting it in writing but doesn't the fact he started to send me checks prove he agrees to the amount of monies he owes me?

Will Attorney Answer This

Will an Attorney be answering this any time soon? Don't mean to be a pain but I am new to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back