Allstate Financial Collection from Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

24hourmom04

I am in need of serious help! I have been dealing with this company since March of 2008, I am telling you it has been a total nightmare! They called us threatening us for a credit card we had had. We agreed to pay 215.00 per month to pay on the account, they agreed to send us a statement in writing showing the payments and how long we would have to pay. We payed in March, April, and May and never recieved anything in writing. I contacted my bank to stop allowing this company to take money, I went online and researched this collection company, finding out they were the biggets crooks, and lawbreaking collection company! The lady I spoke with at the bank agreed to put a stop on the amount of 215. from my checking account but did not put the name of the business, she said that it would cover any item that would come in for 215. Well it didn't stop the payments! They took it in June but I didn't have the funds in the bank, and got returned they resent it again in June and again in July. Finally in July the bank tryed another route to stop the payment finally it worked! Well just last night I received a call from a Mr. Lawson from Allstate financial fraud department, stating that my checks bounced to his company, I tryed to explain my situation with his company that we need things in writing on paper, he said if I did not pay him $1131. by September 30, that they would proceed to work with the District Atterney in his town for fraud charges against my husband which was to be punished with 6 months in jail according to my state law. I tryed to ask for things in writing, a no go, I asked for payments, he said sorry mam they wont except anything unless its payed in full by the 30th. They then talked to my husband and totally scared him and he says he will try and pay on the 30th. We don't have that kind of money, I have papers from my bank from June 9 trying to stop payment, and again on July 30 stoping payment. I don't know what to do I am not familar with any laws and It just all sounds crazy to me. I need advise on what we should do. Should we wait it out and see if they are just trying to scare us, or pay up even though I feel that we are the ones who are right. Please help us out with this situation.

So... are you satisfied the company is legitimately collecting on your debt, or not?

Send him a written request for verification of the debt owing to his company, and for the name and address of your original creditor. He'll need to send you that before he's allowed to bug you anymore. Tell him you also need something in writing showing your debt owing to his company, showing the payments that have been made and the outstanding balance.

What do you think are the chances on the fraud charges? He's only allowed to threaten this if he can seriously bring them. DA's are more inclined to work for the victims of crime than to help collections agencies strongarm debtors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back