All parking within premises is at our own risks

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiwoo

I don't know whether am I post to the right forum or not.

My vehicle damage happened while driving out from office car park. The parking barrier arm felt and hit to my vehicle. No injury. The car park is a facility provided by the company with barrier arm. We don't pay for the parking.

While asking for any claim can make to repair the damages, I was told by the Facilities Management that the parking policy is stated "All parking within premises is at our own risks". And in fact, this signboard is displayed near to the parking area

I like to seek professional view on the real meaning of this statement.

1. Is this means anything (flood, theft, dropping object, scratches, knocked by others and etc) that happened on our vehicle when it is 'not moving'.
2. While driving out, the vehicle is moving, and the malfunction of the equipment which is belongs to our company hit my vehicle, then, company is liable to the damages
3. Under the Occupational Safety and Health law, company should responsible for the safety in the office.
4. Any points that I can bring out to claim my right and under which act.

Thanks for any kind of suggestions.

"All parking within premises is at our own risks".
This is a "self Serving" policy and can be defeated if you show negligence on the part of the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back