Alcoholic Husband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delilia28

I need some advice. My husband is an alcoholic and I am finally trying to do the right thing here. I know that I have been the enabler over the last 20 years, but I'm worried about my children and have to change the situation.

He is a wonderful father, especially when he's not drinking. But each day now, I feel it is getting worse. The children are getting older. They are figuring it all out and he and I don't get along anymore because of the drinking.

The moment he finishes work he starts drinking and doesn't stop until bed. He goes through at least 6-12 beers a day is my guess. That is not including weekends.

He drives my kids back and forth to activities after school (as well as I do) - we have 3 children. My 15 year old finally said the other day that he doesn't want to get in the car with him because he smells like beer, and he drinks while driving. He also drinks in the car while he's waiting for them during their activities.

I would like him to move out of the house and admit he has a problem, stop drinking and maybe we can work it out (not sure if I still want to.)

1. How do I go about getting him to leave the house?

2. Not be allowed to drive my children in the car?

I am extremely worried for my children and now the arguments between him & I are happening all the time because of his drinking.

You need to talk to an attorney and file for divorce. It is possilbe you can ask that your husband consent to a Urine analysis before visits. You cannot force him to leave the house if he doesnt want too. Again you need to talk to an attorney.

He drives my kids back and forth to activities after school (as well as I do) - we have 3 children. My 15 year old finally said the other day that he doesn't want to get in the car with him because he smells like beer, and he drinks while driving. He also drinks in the car while he's waiting for them during their activities.

I would like him to move out of the house and admit he has a problem, stop drinking and maybe we can work it out (not sure if I still want to.)

1. How do I go about getting him to leave the house?

2. Not be allowed to drive my children in the car?

A wonderful father?

You have GOT to be kidding.

I'd go to jail before I'd let my kids anywhere near him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back