Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI alcohol detecting braclet shows false readihg where do I start

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandmeyerlinda

have a scram alcohol bracelet says I tampered with it and that I was using alcohol. It is not true. My lawyer thinks I'm guilty. trying to get out of trouble, because I am innocent, and he's ready to throw me under the bus Where do I start?

Your attorney should be looking at the accuracy of the bracelet as well as the reading; while a false positive is possible, it usually "presents" in a different manner than a true positive.

Your attorney should also have insisted that you get a blood test.

Why do you think neither of these happened?

Scram bracelets can give a false positive but you will have to have enough evidence to prove you were not drinking. Certain ingredients in food/drinks/soap etc. can make for a false positive.

You need a lawyer to help you - the lawyer should pursue further. I wonder why he thinks you're guilty.

I've heard of people ACCIDENTALLY getting alcohol spilled on the bracelet by a pal, then trying to consume alcohol.

I suggest you request the court to appoint a new lawyer.

That eliminates the possibility of him RATTING you out.

If you paid for him, you simply hire a new lawyer.

The new lawyer will get himself installed by the court as your lawyer, having the current lawyer removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back