Consumer Law, Warranties AKC Papers for my Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

kratzj

Fourteen months ago, I purchased a purebred Chocolate Lab through BreedersDirect.com. I paid all of my fees and received the dog on September 19, 2008. BreedersDirect promises to provide an "AKC Registered" puppy. I have contacted them over and over again, trying to find out where my papers are. They've provided me every excuse known to man, as to why I haven't received the papers. They keep promising to resolve the issue but still haven't. My dog is great, I love her. But, I want the papers that I was promised.

What legal recourse do I have?

Thanks,
Jacki

Did you pay by credit card? You can bring it up with them but first, before making any calls, decide what it's worth to you. My guess is that you don't want to return the puppy but you can claim a value attached to the failure to register. They don't want chargebacks. I'd send a written demand letter to them (hopefully they also have a fax machine) before calling your credit card and making a complaint and request for a credit for a certain amount for merchandise not delivered. They may or may not do this but they will perform an investigation (or should.) I'd think this is the best first step, especially since court is not always such a simple proposition with a remote Internet company.

I had trouble getting a private breeder to give me my papers. She just didn't answer her phone or return our calls. Then after several months of this, I threatened to report her to the AKC. We got a returned call right away and recieved our papers a few weeks later. I always incourage consumers to do what they can to make people follow through. It is not just for you, but every possible consumer out there. If they still don't make good on this, use their own weapon against them... the internet. Let everyone know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back