Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Age of consent-OHIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

geo71

hello all,

I have a serrious problem. I'm 35 my girl friend is 17, 3 months shy of 18. We live in Parma, Ohio where the age of consent is 16 as far as I know. I'm not a sicko or anything we have a normal relationship;however, her parents recently found out about our datting by finding some pictures of us together nothing bad, just of us hugging and sitting together this made her parents think we were having sex and her parents came to my house, told me to leave her alone, got the police involved although they did not press charges the police told me that if I had ANY contact with her what so ever her parents would press charges. Now what I would like to know is what exactly could happen to me if I continued to see her? The police told me that if I were to be seen with her they have our information and I would be arrested is this true? I know there is the possibility of being charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor but what exactly could that entail and how likely is it that I would be prosecuted? What I want to know is there anyway that I can still see her without causing too much rift till June when she reaches 18? and after she is 18 can her parents try to get me for anything that has happened while she was 17? As far as I can tell the police can not do anything becuse we haven't done anything bad. So any ANY information or advice is much appreciated thank you.

You know even if the age of consent is 16, that might be an excuse for a 20 year old...But a 35 year old man with a 17 year old girl??? Gees. Even if the law is ok with it, please date older women for your own reputation...

It is very disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back