Against the law to downlaod Video Clips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

devonhiee

Hi,

I would like to know if downloading video clips that are on a password protected site, but are bundled together on Kazaa or Edonkey to download are illegal. I know movies and music are but what about video clips that are found on sites? Thanks a lot

What makes you think that downloading copyrighted video clips is any different than downloading copyrighted movies? Should a password matter and if so, why would you think so?

Originally posted by devonhiee
I would like to know if downloading video clips that are on a password protected site, but are bundled together on Kazaa or Edonkey to download are illegal. I know movies and music are but what about video clips that are found on sites? Thanks a lot

I can only guess this is a password protected site, because it's members only, and probably requires payment to get access.

Being that you should be a member to get the, clips, trailers, etc etc., they could very well have those clips copywrit, just like a movie or an mp3. :)

Originally posted by Rathi
I can only guess this is a password protected site, because it's members only, and probably requires payment to get access.

Being that you should be a member to get the, clips, trailers, etc etc., they could very well have those clips copywrit, just like a movie or an mp3. :)
Ahhh.... if I had a dollar for every site that requires password protection and a fee where they are reselling materials to which they do not have appropriate licensing or rights...

heheh Very good point LP... They may not hold the copywrite, but the material may be cw'd just the same.. hehe

Well, this is what bothers me most:

Suppose I connected my television to my computer, and they play a videoclip I really like. For as far as I know, it's legal to record things, so I record it, and store it onto my computer. However, something went wrong and the clip wasn't recorded right, so I download it from kazaa, and then all of the sudden it's illegal :confused: ?

Same thing with television series... I really don't want to rob people or something, but this just doesn't make sense to me...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back