after a service on my car, wheel came off after 5 miles. what can be donw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesyona

HI, just got my car out of service (went off the road, warned the dealers about it and wanted a full inspection). After the service has been done, picked up my car, drove 5 miles, luckily on a slow speed and the wheel came off.
Paid 1300 for parts and service in the first place. Any advice on compensation?
thanks

Sue the bad people in small claims court for the actual dollar amount of damages you suffered.

thanks fo the reply

actually i don't have any injuries, luckily. I was just wondering if I still should pay for the poor labor that has been done. ( just want to have a fare deal and less of a headache).
thanks.

actually i don't have any injuries, luckily. I was just wondering if I still should pay for the poor labor that has been done. ( just want to have a fare deal and less of a headache).
thanks.

No lesyona, seniorjudge means "damages to the vehicle", and included you.

You should only pay for the labor if it fixed the problem. I wouldn't after they damn near got a person killed.

Check you local small claims rules, you may have to present a bill before you can file. When you fill out your court forms that you can get online or from the local clerk of court, make sure to include your filing fee. You want them to not only pay for the damage to your car, but for the process of having to collect the money. Towing cost's as well. If you had to eat while you were waiting for a ride, put that on there too. They should be thankful your just going after damages to the vehicle.

When you get your judgement from the court, take it to the Clerk and Records office and file it with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back