Affidavits of Last Known Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

bj2130

My wife and I recently won a small claims judgment in Alexandria, Virginia, against a company headquartered in Florida. In order for us to have legal jurisdication and recourse to recover the money judgment that was awarded, the judgment must be domesticated in the state of Florida.
I spoke with the Broward County Court in Florida and received instructions on exactly the paperwork that was needed in order to domesticate the judgment. In the instructions, it specifically states that a notarized "affidavit of last known address" must be included in the packet with the addresses of the debtor and creditor specified.
I am at a loss as to what right looks like with regards to this type of affidavit. Does it need to include Florida legalese or Virginia legalese (e.g. pursuant to Florida / Virginia statute...)? Will a notary public in Virginia (where I reside) sign an affidavit with Florida legal language?
I'm inclined to think that the affidavit can be a fairly generic. If that is the case, can someone point me in the right direction as to where I could find a good example of a generic "affidavit of last known address." Once drafted, how do I go about getting it notarized? Can a notary public at the local bank notarize it or do I have to take it to my local courthouse?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back