Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Advice Please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjgarciarn

My husband was arrested for grand theft pet!

My husband is a realtor who routinely farms/advertises and distributes fliers in our neighborhood 2-3 times a month. The alleged incident took place the morning of 1/31/04. A neighbor who lives around the corner from our house called my husband late afternoon after 5pm asking him if he was the one who left a flier at his home. My husband replied yes and how can he help. The plantiff then proceeded to accuse him of stealing his $700 pit bull puppy and that his neighbor saw my husband take the dog. My husband told him he didn't take it. The accuser kept on harrasing him and told him..."well you/your kind of people know how much the dog is worth" My husband said he can call his manager if he had any problems and them gave him his manager's office at his realty office.

Later that night the police arrested him in front of our home...had a lineup done right in front of our house and brought the accusers and witness to our home. They began to question him but did not read him his rights till he got to the jail. He tried to explain his side of the story but wouldn't give him the time of day. We feel like its their word against ours. During the time my husband was distributing fliers, he was on his scooter, with a large bag of fliers...it would be pretty difficult to hold a large plastic bag of fliers, have a 10-15 pound puppy in the other arm while maneuvering a scooter. It's also strange that the accusers waited till late afternoon to report the alleged crime when an eyewitness supposedly saw my husband go into the plantiffs yard to steal the puppy in the morning.

This is a riduculous charge but this charge is a felony. I'm just trying to help my husband clear his name. This ordeal is affecting every aspect of our lives...if found guilty of this charge he can lose his realtor's license. Any advice would be truly appreciated. Thanks for reading.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back