Acuused of Slander

Status
Not open for further replies.

vertigo7

Can someone give me any advise on the below issue?
My fiancee and i works on the same sales department I was the sales supervisor in charged of the floor while she's a promoter under my department; seperatly employed by a supplier.
She was serving her 1 month notice of resignations between 14th Feb till 15th Mar. However, on 1st Mar she received a phone text message informing her on terminations and citing poor discipline and poor sales performance as primary reasons.
On the 5th of Mar; which would be her pay day usually. She has enquired on what time is required to go back office and receive her pay cheque. To our surprise, the text reply thru phone would be not at office but another location beyond workplace. Sensing something amiss, we insisted in going back office to receive her pay. As previously, another employee was sent home without pay (after arranging a remote location to release pay)and only received it another hour later when he calls her to meet again. We'd not want to be send spinning around if he decides we need to travel to and fro just to receive her pay.
We waited till store closure and to my panic, he pick up his briefcase and starts to make a move. Pior to this, he has says he's want to meet us and tell us something "tonight". I called him thru my mobile and he was agitated. He reveals he'll not pay her yet. No pay! He states her poor sales performance as a wilful conduct and demands to deduct 2 weeks pay as compensation for the unserved notice period between 1st MAr til 15th Mar. :no:
I responded angrily and says he has no valid reasons to do so. He simply retorts with "if u think so, let the judge decides"
In angry response, i text messaged him next day with a message that reads below "Dear sir /mdm. As referance to our telephone conversation and text messages. You have refused to release XXX wages for the month of 1st Feb to 28th Feb 2007. Her employment was terminated by your text message received 1st Mar 2007. In addition to your refusal of wages, you have indicated your decisions to deduct 2 weeks of her salary with no grounds. We demand her pay in full without deductions by 12th Feb 2007. Else; we request a formal company letter in stating your termination of the above mention and your intended amount of deductions. A wage demand letter will be sent by postage Thank you.
"My name" on behalf of "my fiancee's name"
FYI: My company's manager name, name of my own company, my department

Now; i'm facing a big crisis. My intention of FYI to my own superior has been interpreted by this supplier as an act of forcing and threaten. Misabusing my own authority and power to hold him into submission and release my fiancee's pay. He cites my comments of "refusal in release her pay" as slander. Thus he's now holding my words responsible. :eek:
In additional to these, he says rumours are saying he 's not paying a cent to his employee; my fiancee. He also says he heard rumours on how he treats his former employee; how he twist her round his lil' thumb and makes her travels to and fro just to get a miserable pay cheque. He now believes this was spread by me on the sales floor... On the night of incident, I had argued with him over my own mobile on my sales floor. During our exchange of words, details or comments could be picked up by any personals around my proximity, how on earth did i know who spreads the words around and all additional gossips could be twisting my actual comments!!!

What can i do to clear this mess???!!! I'm facing a potential law suit outta the blue and being held for a point that still stands till this very second -- Not a cent was deposited and paid to my fiancee since 5th Mar!!

Am i guilty of slander??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back