Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion Accused of stealing no evidence -florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa1

My friend and i rented a room together in a two bedroom the other room was rented by the tenant. I was there for a month paid my rent and left. My friend stayed there and now two weeks later after i left, i received a call from a detective asking me what i knew from the tenant and that i was being accused of stealing things such as a tv and computer. What can happen? Can i be arrested for this ?

Note- my "friend" isnt of trust and he claims he doesnt know what the tenant is talking about

Whats the worse that can happen? Will i have to deal with the law and cops etc??

IF you are arrested, get a lawyer & speak only to your lawyer. Plead not guilty if you go to court.

Don't be talking to anyone about this.

My friend and i rented a room together in a two bedroom the other room was rented by the tenant. I was there for a month paid my rent and left. My friend stayed there and now two weeks later after i left, i received a call from a detective asking me what i knew from the tenant and that i was being accused of stealing things such as a tv and computer. What can happen? Can i be arrested for this ?

Note- my "friend" isnt of trust and he claims he doesnt know what the tenant is talking about

Whats the worse that can happen? Will i have to deal with the law and cops etc??

No one can know what can happen because of your association with your "buddy".

If he has done something that you nothing about, that's all you can say, "I don't know anything about anything. I left two weeks after I first began sharing a room with him."

Then you say, I have nothing more to say.

If arrested, admit to nothing, say nothing, except that you'd like a lawyer.

When the time comes, plead not guilty and discuss this ONLY with your lawyer.

If you're smart, you'll have NO contact with your "buddy".

The worst thing that can happen is that you continue to speak with the police. If they should call again you should make sure you have a bad connection and that the line is disconnected.

The worst thing that can happen is that you continue to speak with the police. If they should call again you should make sure you have a bad connection and that the line is disconnected.

The gentlemn has dispensed some very sage advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back