Accidental Shop Lifting

john1234

I had gone to (deleted) shopping. Did not find what I was looking for. So while talking on the phone, I walked out of the store with the toy in my hand. I realized after 2 mins of walking. I went back to the store and told the cashier of what happened. Not sure if she understood. I then paid for the toy and bought it. Will I be convicted for the shop lifting. And how will I come to know if they have pressed any charges against me. Also how many days I have to wait for any legal notice to appear in my mail box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you returned to the store on your own, paid for the item & were not detained or police called at that time, I seriously doubt you will be arrested. If you are contacted by the police (we don't know when that might be), then you know store has pressed charges.

You really shouldn't have named the store in your post. You might want to remove it. If you can't edit & want it removed, please give us permission to remove it & we will.

Thanks for your response. I am unable to remove it. Can you please remove the store name. Or please let me know how do I give you permission to remove it.

You paid for item so there was no theft and no reason for the store to pursue any charges. If your that concerned save your receipt but I doubt anything wil happen. In regards to your "Accidental Shoplifting" I suggest you read this http://www.parentnook.com/accidental-shoplifting/ it not a good defense. However once again the item has been paid for so there is no theft

Since you returned to the store on your own, paid for the item & were not detained or police called at that time, I seriously doubt you will be arrested. If you are contacted by the police (we don't know when that might be), then you know store has pressed charges.

You really shouldn't have named the store in your post. You might want to remove it. If you can't edit & want it removed, please give us permission to remove it & we will.

Hi,

Thank you for your response. My apologies for mentioning the store name. I am unable to remove the name. Can you please remove it for me.

You paid for item so there was no theft and no reason for the store to pursue any charges. If your that concerned save your receipt but I doubt anything wil happen. In regards to your "Accidental Shoplifting" I suggest you read this it not a good defense. However once again the item has been paid for so there is no theft

Hi,

Can you help me to remove the store name from my post. I am unable to remove it.

Sorry, I just got back to the forum - store removed per your request.

Agree but probably best not to post any "personal" info.

Back