accident with government entity

Status
Not open for further replies.

virgoan95

I was recently involved in a car accident in which I was rearended by a military person,I dont believe he was working at the time,he was completely at fault -no questions asked.My question is ,I have heard the phrase " soverign immunity""how exactly can that affect me? I just want to make sure I will be reembursed for anything that I have to put into this such as medical bills ,auto repair etc...Will his insurance cover those costs?right now all I know is that he is self insured thru us.gov..so I am going thru my insurance but I have to pay the deductible.I will take any advice please..thanks,virgoan95

Primarily, to sue the U.S. Government you must have their permission. However, your worries are for naught. Simply contact the military base and ask for an insurance adjuster. As for your deductible, that will be reimbursed as a damage also.

Sovereign Immunity is a doctrine whereby a state or sovereign cannot commit a legal wrong and is immune from civil suit or criminal prosecution. However, this doctrine applies only when the state or its agent is performing governmental functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back