accident legal advice HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemp02

My fiance was involved in an accident while driving my truck. I did not know this at the time but he was not covered. It was not his fault, and the driver that hit him had an invalid license. The other parties insurance company is going to sue me and get my license suspened if i do not pay them 3,867.00 with in ten days. they are holding me responsable and i was not even in the car during the accident. I have never been in an accident and have never even had a ticket. What should i do??????????:confused:

Note that insurance companies have been known to use intimidation tactics and making false claims. On what basis is your license going to be suspended? If it wasn't your boyfriend's fault and your insurance does not cover the incident (how would you expect your boyfriend to have insurance coverage for your car?) it appears that this may end up in small claims court to be decided who is right and who will pay.

Insurance Companies do not have the Authority to suspend your License. Only a Judge and Motor Vehicle Department can do this. Just sit tight and wait for the Civil Court "Summons" to arrive. Consider contacting/ writing a letter to the President of the Insurance Company and file a Complaint against the Adjuster who contacted you. In addition, document everything....... Have it ready for Court (should you receive a Summons)_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back