Accident in Friends UNINSURED car

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLmom

My daughter was driving a friends car who said he had insurance coverage, She was involved in a accident . She was ticketed for failure to yield. The other driver with more damage Went through her own insurance. The accident happened a year ago. The other drivers insurance company keeps calling/sending letters to my home. I have told them the owner of the car address/phone # for the insurance policy information. We are now being told there was no insurance on the car:confused: . The damages are around $5000. Who is responsible for the $5000 and Can they get sued for harrassement? They call on a DAILY basis.
Thanks
St. Louis MOM

Q: Who is responsible for the $5000 and Can they get sued for harrassement?

A: Your daughter and no.

Great, She is still in high school and no job so I guess they will be waiting for a few years on this. Can they try to suspend her license for him not having insurance? She has a car of mine she drives and Insurance coverage.
Thanks

If your daughter is under 18 then you are responsible for her, so she drove a car that was uninsured and she was at fault for the accident. so as long as she was a minor her parents will be sued.

She was 18 when the accident occured. Im not real sure who was at fault we didnt argue with the cop about the failure to yield. The owner of the car told us there was insurance, at county court the insurance part was thrown out. I told the judge what the deal was he told her next time make SURE its insured or better yet dont drive other peoples cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back